Connects with hundreds of devices, even from other manufacturers – DICOM or not.
Browser-based application adapts to your desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Advanced historical comparison of multiple imaging modalities.
EMR connectivity eliminates the need to enter patient information at the instrument.
Harmony delivers efficiency and cost savings by streamlining workflows, minimizing transcription errors and reducing the need for instrument specific review software.
- DATA CONTROL – Harmony integrates seamlessly with EMR software to minimize errors and save time by sending patient information directly to and from connected instruments.
- RDx COMPATIBLE – Launch Harmony from Topcon RDx®, a comprehensive eye health exam platform that incorporates automated and remote capabilities for your diagnostic instruments.
- SINGLE PLATFORM – By incorporating the patient’s imaging and test data into a single software platform, you no longer need dedicated review software for each instrument in the practice.
- FASTER DIAGNOSIS – With Harmony, reviewing patient exam data becomes easier, faster and more convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Harmony installation process?
- Kickoff call is scheduled after quote signature to set expectations and schedule training
- CSG and Hardware (if necessary, usually for visual fields) is shipped to location
- Time is scheduled with lead technician to “get into” devices and install virtual printer software then test connections
- Clinical Specialist trains staff on-site (takes approximately 1 hour, but CS will stay full day to ensure staff is comfortable)
What happens to my data if my relationship with Topcon ends?
The customer is responsible for providing a PC or server with adequate storage to hold all of the data. Once this has been identified, the entire folder structured is moved there along with the SQL database. Another option is the DICOM migration utility which will perform a mass export of all images and reports as OP DICOM files. This will not include OCT’s (OPT DICOM).
How does Harmony connect to non-DICOM devices?
This depends on the device, but the image is usually exported to a folder location, the patient demographics are extracted from the file, and then sent together with the image into Harmony.
How does Harmony connect to devices that cannot access the internet?
As long as the device can save images on a network drive, images can be uploaded manually to Harmony. If the device has no network adapter port, we will provide a tablet and adapter cable that will transmit printer files to the CSG.
How is Harmony accessed through the patient’s chart?
Harmony is accessed via weblink, which can be a separate button inside the patient’s chart or hidden behind any existing button they are currently using to access images. We provide the customer instructions for using weblink with EMR template. It will be encrypted and embedded with the patient ID which takes user directly from chart to patient in Harmony, automatically logging them in.
What is the difference between LAN and ASP?
LAN is hosted on the customers server; ASP is hosted by Topcon. Both arrangements require a CSG to push images to the server. LAN is maintained by the customers’ IT team; ASP is hosted by us. Note: Microsoft Azure hosts our ASP.
How does Harmony obtain its patient data?
Harmony interfaces with the customers practice management system and obtains the patient master list via HL7 ADT message.
How does the modality worklist operate?
Order is placed in EMR which communicates to Harmony via HL7 ORM message, patient demographic data is pushed to device via DICOM, then result is transmitted to Harmony via DICOM, then Harmony sends result back to EMR via HL7 ORU message. Assists with meaningful use stage 2: Orders and Results. Mirth connect grabs patient info ADT message, sends to Harmony to create record, there is a check to validate that patient is coming from EMR.
If the customer is on ASP/cloud and our servers are hacked, can they access the customer’s EMR?
No, we take an “arm’s length” approach to EMR so Harmony never has access to it. Harmony is accessed from the EMR via weblink, but there is no backward call to EMR.
How much bandwidth is required to run Harmony
At least 6MB of bandwidth upload and download (can be tested by going to speedtest.net), no T1 line or VPN required. Note: this could be different from Forum because it takes the OCT’s database off the machine and places it on the LAN server so a lot of bandwidth is required to pull images back and forth.
When are an application server and CSG required?
If ASP, only a CSG is required on-site (Topcon can supply), if LAN, the customer will need a CSG and application server.
Is it possible to export images from Harmony?
Yes, when you export a single image you can chose from JPG or original format. If you select multiple images for export, they are exported as JPG in a zip file.